Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thing # 10

Creative Commons

Before the discovery exercise in this activity, I had never ever realized there was a CC logo on any website I had visited, at least not consciously. And if it was unconsciously, then I guess I might have thought that that logo was meant to let people know about the availability of CLOSED CAPTIONS or something like that.

I wish that CC will impact the way students learn and create projects, but with few exceptions, I doubt it will happen soon. I hope I am wrong about this, though.

I have not used digital images, audio or video clips from the web in my teaching, except for a PowerPoint presentation I made for a PFK class where I was one of the presenters. I used a video clip that I got from Docushare and even got some snapshots from it that I used as digital images that I inserted in the presentation. I had permission from the person that recorded the video clip (she was the other presenter in this class) and I was the one that appeared in that video, teaching a mini lesson during writing workshop in my Kindergarten class.

The only thing that I have shared in the web are my thoughts and reflections as part of the application piece we are required to do in our technology classes.

Some of my teaching materials are property of the school and some are mine.

At this moment, I cannot find any potential negatives for using CC if whoever is using them is aware of their purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment