Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thing # 13

Online Image Generators

I enjoyed this "thing" a lot. It was easy, fun and helped me to forget about my stress for a little while. My daughter who was nearby asked me if she could play around with some of the generators, which she identified because she has already used them at school (she is an eight grader at Kimbrough) and it was hard for her to give me the computer back.

We got into Mosaic Maker to create a photo mosaic from photos we found on Flickr. She asked me if I could use pictures of converses (which she loves and collects, she has nine pairs in her collection) from the Creative Commons pictures - she Post Optionssaid that she knew that there are some pictures available to use and others that you need to ask permission to use them. This is what we got:



1. Converse love, 2. Stomp, 3. Converse, 4. We'Re All Made Of Allstars. Twenty-Fourth Edition.

Then we got into Image Chef and start playing with lots of possibilities. One of those possibilities is called "Remixes" which takes a shape of your choice as well as words you want to use and creates cool word mosaics. These are two that I liked:

ImageChef.com

ImageChef.com

I can see the students using these applications for their reports, PowerPoints and even as a reminder of clue words from whatever unit they are doing. For example, if the students are doing a unit on the Gingerbread Man, a good way to remember the story might be the following, which I made using Wordle.

Wordle: Gingerbread Man

No comments:

Post a Comment