Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thing # 7

Creating a Community Through Commenting

As I stated in the post for Thing # 7, the sense of community has always been important to me. Therefore, I am happy to belong to a community of lifelong learners. I am very excited to be a member of the 23 Thingsters.

I truly believe that getting input from others is very important because our vision of the world is very limited. On top of that, we all have different points of view and having our minds opened to receive advise, constructive comments and ideas that differ from ours will help us to be more aware of the world around us.

I have not received any comments yet, but I am eager to read from you. I am sure that every comment provides teachable moments.

2 comments:

  1. razzledazzleteacher,

    I am right there with you. Having a group of experience educators around you can only make you a better teacher/coach. We all come from different background and learning experiences that can help each other out. My wife just went back to teaching after a few years off with our children. Unfortunately, she has found out that not all teachers are willing to share their ideas. But we are all trying to get to the same goal which is make a positive impact on children while trying to teach them a thing or two. We need each other to keep up with technology, instruction, and discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ParGolfer,
    I pity the teachers that are not willing to share their ideas. They seem to belong to another time way back in the past. They do not realize that we all belong to a learning community, and as you said, we need each other to keep up with technology, instruction and discipline. Regarding those teachers, the only thing I can say is 'what goes around, comes around'. Anyway, I bet your wife will find more and more teachers who are opened to share.

    ReplyDelete