Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thing # 9

Play In The Wiki Sandbox

Well... Some people have told me that sometimes I let the child inside of me to come out and have some fun. And to be honest, yup, that is the truth. So, when I started reading the Thing # 9, I thought that this would be a good time to let my inner child to get out and have some fun.

Mmm... It did not worked the way I thought it would. The fact that you have to ask for permission to play there, and that you have to wait who knows how much time for the permission to be granted just drove my inner child crazy. Kids are not very patient, especially when someone invites them to play and the game is not fun at all - or worse, like in this case - the so promised game needs to start after you have given permission by a person that is not available at the moment. Arggg.

As any other child would do, I got out of there and told anyone who asked me "Do not even bother, you won't be able to do it now. Let's go somewhere else. We could come back later to see if we could play then". So, I will probably come later...

Here I am 12 hours later to reflect about my experience with the Wiki Sandbox. First of all, I think I was luckier than some of the other participants because I got the permission in about 3 hours (from what I read I thought it was going to take me at least one day), while I started working on Thing # 10 and Thing # 11.

I followed the steps in the Instructions for Creating Your Sandbox Page and then I linked my page to "Our Sandbox Pages". I had to reread some of the instructions more than once, but finally I liked the outcome, so although some up and downs, I enjoyed the experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment