Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thing # 15

Social Bookmarking and Tagging with Delicious

Thinking in retrospective, many times I bookmarked my favorite sites to the computer I was using at the time. I thought that being able to bookmark was pretty cool. When I had to change computers, I had to decide which of those websites were really my faves and then I copied their URLs into a Word document and I attached it to an email that I sent to myself. As you can see I was a "computer savvy".

Anyway, last spring I was introduced to delicious.com and I just thought that it was a great invention. Being able to keep all my favorite sites in one place and to open them from any place in the World was just incredible. I remember I "Googled" who created this site and thought Joshua Schachter, you rock.

Something new that I learned in this "thing" was to "tag" and to create a "shared tag". By the way, this is the link to my delicious links.

No comments:

Post a Comment