Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thing # 18

You Too Can YouTube

I discovered YouTube a couple of years ago, and since then, I have been using it in my everyday life. I have listened to my favorite songs, I have watched some of my favorite shows that are not on TV any more, and it has brought back so many memories while watching old TV commercials. Then one day, a friend of mine showed me a video about his homeland, and then I realized I could watch videos of my country, my people, and my culture. I was amazed!!!

Now, every time someone asks me about Peru and there is a computer nearby, I say, "Better showing than telling" and I go on YouTube and I show them about our food, traditions, and magnificent scenery. There is no doubt. I am very proud of my origins, and now, you might understand a little bit more of the reason for that:



Going back to the learning activity, my interest in the classroom these days is that students will be engaged in meaningful conversations. I have been thinking about this over and over again. And yes, I have also come to the conclusion that our students do not engage in meaningful conversations simply because they lack of conversation skills in the first place. There are several ideas on this matter, so I decided to search in TeacherTube about this theme, and the following is an interesting video I found:



No comments:

Post a Comment