Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thing # 19

Voicethread

Wow!!! Right now, I think that I am feeling the emotion, excitement, and the curiosity that explorers and archeologists might have experienced when finding those not yet discovered places, cultures, etc. As I am discovering more "things", I am more and more excited. There is a complete new world out there!!!

My mind cannot stop visualizing all the possibilities for teaching and learning. Thanks to technology, learning has a wide variety of ways to happen. Technology makes learning interactive, which engages students. They all learn the same things but in different ways, and that is really important because instruction is delivered according to their needs and ways of learning.

Voicethread allows teachers to include students as facilitators of their own learning, by creating their own presentations and getting to explain them to the class, in a way that both, the presenters and the audience can enjoy, while learning.

The following is a Voicethread presentation which I found useful for us teachers, because it gives us several ideas on how to use this wonderful tool:


No comments:

Post a Comment