Monday, October 12, 2009

Thing # 11

Flickr

I am very pleased of having learned about Flickr. I spent more time than the amount of time suggested for this exploring activity, but it was worth it. There are so many pictures that I see many possibilities for using Flickr, especially for building vocabulary among our English Language Learners. It is well known than a picture is worth a thousand words, and this is particularly true with our ELLs, who most of the time do not grasp the meaning of English words just because of their lack of vocabulary.

Anyway, I have decided to use the pictures I downloaded from Flickr in a ELA or BLA lesson about Main Idea and Supporting Details. My plan is to show the students pictures that will be supporting details, and they have to come with the main idea. The Supporting Details in this particular case are: Coffee, Juice, Bread, Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes and Milk, which will lead the students to the Main Idea, which in this particular case is: Breakfast.




Thank you Bitzcelt for your picture that fits perfectly with my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment